It all starts right here! Give yourself and your children peace of mind when they learn the skills needed to take care of themselves and others left in their care. The Red Cross Babysitter's Training course will give your child the tools they need to be a responsible caregiver. The course is designed for boys and girls ages 11-15 and topics included in the one-day certification course teach you how to:
* Supervise children and infants.
* Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding.
* Choose age-appropriate games and toys.
* Handle bedtime and discipline issues.
* Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
* Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings.
* Make good decisions and keep yourself safe.
* Communicate effectively with parents.
* Find and interview for babysitting jobs.
GAIN THE SKILLS AND CONFIDENCE YOU NEED TO BE THE BEST BABYSITTER ON THE BLOCK!
Created with input from youth like you, this fun, fast-paced course includes hands-on activities, exciting video, role-plays and lively discussion.
At your Babysitter's Training class, you'll receive excellent materials to help you be prepared and professional, including:
* Babysitter's Training Handbook
* Babysitter's Training Emergency Reference Guide
* Babysitter's Training CD-ROM
Sign up for a class soon!
Cost: $79 (Reg. $85)
Length: 7 hours (incl. time for lunch break)
Discount/donation to your program if you organize/host a class (10 minimum).
Next scheduled class: September 26 in Highlands Ranch.
BABYSITTER'S TRAINING PART 2 - Includes Pediatric First Aid/CPR Monday, December 22 in Highlands Ranch.
Check the Schedule page for 2014 classes!
For more info, click here:
Already took Babysitter's Training, but would like more?
Sign up for a CPR, AED or First Aid certification class to expand your skills and increase your knowledge!
Get a group of 4 or more and schedule your own class - YOU choose where and when!
PEDIATRIC CPR/AED/FIRST AID/ Babysitting Part 2 Next scheduled class:
Part 2 for Babysitter's Training participants Saturday, August 9 1:15 pm - 5:00 pm Highlands Ranch Library
(See Schedule page for details)
Hi Tyler and Gayle,
Thank you for teaching the Red Cross Babysitting class that was held at the HR library [yesterday]. Annika and Kersti really enjoyed it and said you were both great. They are now confident and can't wait to babysit. They've already taken business cards to neighbors and are proud that they are Red Cross certified. I think it makes a big difference to parents as
well. They already have a job lined up for next week.
Thanks again and best regards,